Thursday, October 1, 2009

Part one of new play

Don't have a title yet. Enjoy and give feed back.

(Spot on PAUL)
Paul: Ever wonder what would happen if it ended? Just nothing. Blank. A void. Most people have, at least I hope so. Being alone in that… Of course they get to experience that. Eventually anyway. You know, in the end. That’s what I’ve been told at least. No one has told me otherwise. Well no one has proven otherwise. They’ve told me sure, but never given me proof. Some say I’m going to Hell for that, some that’s all they say. I thought they were supposed to give you an out if you were condemned. Maybe that’s why I decided not to die…at least I think I did. There was the gun…or was it the razor? Afterward I was asked why I did it. I said I must have been too curios. About he end. It wasn’t that I wanted it…then anyway. Now is different now I- I remember saying I knew it wouldn’t work, I don’t remember to who it was, just that I said it. That’s another thing I hope I’m not alone in: forgetting. It seems to happen a lot what I try to remember. Maybe I could remember if it had worked. With nothing there you would have time to think. All you could do is remember. With infinite nothing to look forward to all you can do is remember the finite past. Bt with no all you can do…

(PAUL sits at the typewriter center stage. He doesn’t type. JOESEF enters looks over PAUL’s shoulder then sits in his spot)

JOESEF: Hey! (Waits) Hey! (Waits) Paul! (PAUL turns and looks at him) You remember Frankie Muniz?
(
DAVID enters stands aside and listens)

PAUL: Who?

JOESEF: Frankie Muniz

PAUL: Can’t say I do.

JOESEF: Oh come on you don’t remember Frankie Muniz?

PAUL: No

(PAUL goes back to the typewriter still not typing)

JOESEF: Seriously? (In an impression very unlike Frankie Muniz) Moooooom! (JOESEF waits) That help? (waits) “My Dog Skip?” “Big Fat Liar?” You know, Frankie!

DAVID: Of all the things he did you choose those to spark his memory?

JOESEF: What?

DAVID: Those have to be some of the worst examples to give some one to guess Frankie Muniz

(He goes and sits in his spot)

JOESEF: What should I have said?

DAVID: How abut something he’s famous for?

JOESEF: Those are things he’s famous for.

DAVID: Ok maybe “My Dog Skip” but not the other one.

JOESEF: What would you have said?

DAVID: I don’t know…(Thinks) His show?

JOESEF: He had a show?

DAVID: Yeah it was what made him famous.

JOESEF: I don’t believe you

DAVID: Well it was.

JOESEF: Then what was it called?

DAVID: (Thinks) I don’t know.

JOESEF: Thought so

DAVID: Just because I can’t remember doesn’t mean he didn’t.

JOESEF: Same thing

PAUL: I’m trying to write.

DAVID: Still?

PAUL: What do you mean still?

DAVID: You know, still.

PAUL: What?

DAVID: You’ve been working on that forever.

JOESEF: Yeah.

DAVID: Who asked you?

JOESEF: Hey, I’m on your side.

PAUL: Yeah.

JOESEF: Shut up.

PAUL: I was helping you.

DAVID: Yeah!

PAUL: Shut your pie hole!

DAVID: Dude, not cool

(Long silence. PAUL looks back at the typewriter)

JOESEF: You should really FIDO that

(They look at him)

PAUL: Fido?

JOESEF: Eff it drive on.

(David snorts)

JOESEF: What?

DAVID: Nothing.

JOESEF: No, What?

DAVID: “Eff it?”

JOESEF: What’s wrong with “Eff it?”

DAVID: Nothing

JOESEF: No, what’s wrong with it?

DAVID: Forget it.


Thats it for now basically its what I wrote backstage during the show so more to come. Comments and critics are appriciated.

1 comment: