Friday, October 16, 2009

Part 4

DAVID: Well?

(Paul yawns again)

JOESEF: I wish you wouldn’t

(Paul looks at him blankly)

DAVID: Why not?

PAUL (Almost at the same time): Why not?

JOESEF: I don’t like him.

DAVID: Now that’s just not nice.

PAUL: Apologize.

JOESEF: Why?

PAUL: He as feelings you know.

DAVID: Yeah.

JOESEF: No he doesn’t.

PAUL: Yes he does.

JOESEF: No.

DAVID: Yes.

JOESEF: No.

PAUL: Yes.

JOESEF: Do you like him?

PAUL: He’s all right.

DAVID: Oh well thanks for you support.

JOESEF: I wasn’t talking to you.

DAIVD: That’s why I didn’t respond to you I responded to him.

PAUL: And I responded.

JOESEF: You can’t respond to him he didn’t say anything.

PAUL: Yes I did.

JOESEF: He’s not here.

DAVID: Yes he is. He’s sitting right there. Or did you mean you don’t like him? In which case
I’m here but you should apologize to him.

JOESEF: No.

PAUL: You don’t like me?

JOESEF: Not you.

DAVID (said the way PAUL said it): You don’t like me?

JOESEF: (Same as the first): Not you.

DAVID: Oh, Him.

PAUL: Who?

DAVID: Him.

JOESEF: Him.

PAUL: Which one?

DAVID: The HIM.

PAUL (Pointing at JOESEF) : Him?

JOESEF: No not me.

DAVID: Not him. Him!

PAUL: Who’s him?

JOESEF: He’s like Her.

PAUL: There is no her.

DAVID: She was just here.

(JOESEF holds up paper)

PAUL: Oh she! (They nod simultaneously) So her is she?

DAVID: Yes.

PAUL: Then who’s him?

JOESEF: He is him.

DAVID: But not me.

PAUL: Oh, He! (They nod simultaneously) You don’t like he?

JOESEF: No.

(PAUL yawns)

DAVID: Don’t.

PAUL: You said she usually comes.

DAVID: She usually does.

JOESEF: But He might.

PAUL: But he might not. (He yawns)

DAVID: He’s got a point.

PAUL: He does?

DAVID: No you do.

PAUL: Oh. (He yawns)

JOESEF: True, but…

(PAUL Yawns)

DAVID: Just let him.

(Pause. PAUL Yawns)

JOESEF: Fine.

PAUL: Thank you. (He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a razor and cuts his wrists. After a
while he slumps over.)

JOESEF: I hate that one.

(They pause and listen. There is no sound of running feet)

DAVID: Guess you were right.

(The room darkens a little.)

PAUL: Yup.

3 comments: